Teriyaki Round Steak With Rice
|Round steak||1 Pound, trimmed and thinly sliced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (To Serve)|
1. In a large casserole or a skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
2. When hot but not smoking, add the beef strips and stir fry them until they are browned.
3. Add the onion and garlic and sautÃ© with meat for another 5 minutes until limp.
4. Pour in the water and stir in soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, lemon juice and ginger.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring.
6. Reduce heat, cover skillet and cook the meat for about 20 to 30 minutes until tender.
7. Blend cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water and add to the skillet.
8. Cook until the sauce thickens.
9. Serve the meat and sauce over hot cooked rice in bowls.
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg15.3%
Sodium 539.4 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.9%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 27 g53.1%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet