|Large shrimp||1⁄2 Pound|
|Frozen rock-lobster tails||10 Ounce|
|Frozen scallops||20 Ounce|
|Parsley sprigs||6 Large|
|Sweet potatoes||3⁄4 Pound|
|Green pepper||1 Large|
|Shoyu/Soy sauce||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Drop shrimp into boiling, salted water to cover and bring back to boiling.
2. Reduce heat simmer, covered, 5 minutes, then drain and let it cool.
3. Cook lobster tails as the label directs, drain and cool.
4. With scissors cut shell away from meat halve meat crosswise.
5. Drop unthawed scallops into boiling, salted water to cover and bring back to boiling.
6. Reduce heat simmer, covered, 5 minutes, then drain and let it cool.
7. On platter, arrange shrimp, lobster, and scallops in attractive pattern with parsley, eggplant, sweet potatoes and green pepper.
8. Refrigerate, covered, until you are ready to cook Tempura.
9. In electric skillet or deep-fryer, heat oil (at least 3 inches deep) to 350F on deep-frying thermometer.
To make the batter:
10. In medium bowl, beat eggs, with rotary beater add shoyu and 1-1/4 cups water.
11. Gradually add flour, sugar and salt, beating until smooth.
12. With tongs, dip shrimp, lobster, scallops and vegetables into batter, to coat lightly.
13. Deep-fry, a few pieces at a time, until lightly browned—about 3 minutes.
To make the sauce :
14. In small saucepan bring to boiling, combining sherry, bouillon, shoyu and monosodium glutamate.
15. Divide into 6 individual serving bowls.
16. Place on tray, along with 3 small bowls filled with grated radishes, horseradish and ginger root.
17. Each guest adds radish, horseradish or ginger root to dipping sauce to suit his own taste.
18. Serve a combination of seafood and vegetables to each guest, along with a small bowl of sauce for dipping.
Tempura is best served immediately, cooked at table.
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.7 mg75.9%
Sodium 800.4 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 39 g78.6%
Vitamin A 170% Vitamin C 52.1%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet