|Soy sauce||3 Fluid Ounce (1/3 cup / 80 milliliter)|
|Dry sherry||3 Fluid Ounce (1/3 cup / 80 milliliter)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 cup / 60 milliliter)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces (1 whole, 1.75 kilogram)|
1. In a bowl mix together the soy sauce, sherry, oil, sugar, garlic and ginger.
2. Place the chicken quarters in a large plastic food storage bag and pour in the marinade.
3. Press the air out of the bag and seal it tightly; rub the bag gently with our hand to distribute the marinade and coat the chicken well.
4. Refrigerate the chicken for at least 2 hours, or all day if more convenient, turning and rubbing the bag occasionally.
5. Prepare the grill and position the oiled grill rack 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) away from the fire.
6. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and pat them dry with absorbent paper towels; reserve the marinade.
7. Arrange the chicken pieces on the rack, skin side down and grill for about 30-35 minutes, turning frequently.
8. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, brush the chicken two or three times with the reserved marinade.
9. If the chicken starts to get too dark, move it to a cooler part of the rack, away from the fire.
10. Arrange the chicken in a serving plate and serve the chicken hot with some grilled vegetables as side dish.
Calories 932 Calories from Fat 528
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.4%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 265.9 mg88.6%
Sodium 1655.3 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 82 g164.1%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet