|Teriyaki sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced pared ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Boneless tuna steaks||1⁄2 Pound (2 pieces, 1/4 pound each)|
|Chinese sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a non-aluminium shallow medium mixing bowl, combine together the teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, gingerroot and garlic. Add he tuna and turn to coat well.
2) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerator, occasionally turning, for a minimum of 1 hour, or overnight.
3) Preheat a broiler.
4) From the marinade, remove the tuna and reserve the marinade.
5) With ¼ the of the oil, brush each side of the tuna steal.
6) On a non-stick baking sheet, set the tuna.
7) Broil the tuna about 5 inches from the heat source, turning it once, till the fish is thoroughly cooked and flakes easily when tested with a fork. This takes about 3 to 4 minutes of cooking on each side.
8) Cook the marinade while the tuna is broiling.
9) Put the reserved marinade in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Boil till the mixture has been reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 4 minutes).
10) Place the hot tuna steaks on a decorative serving platter and top each steak with half of the marinade mixture. Serve hot as a main dish.
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.89 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg7.2%
Sodium 32.1 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.26%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet