Testy Marinated Japanese Beef
|Beef tenderloin||1 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sake/Dry sherry of same quantity||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Shiitake/White mushrooms of same quantity||8 Ounce|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Cut the beef into thin slices.
2) Arrange on paper towels and drizzle with the cornstarch.
3) In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sake, and sugar.
4) Now add the meat and stir to mix well.
5) Cover with lid and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
6) Remove the edges from the scallion, thinly slice, and putaside.
7) Also trim the leek root and dark green portion.
8) Wash the white portion well and cut into thin slivers.
9) Peel and mince the garlic.
10) Slice the mushrooms thin.
11) Alternately, cook the rice according to package directions.
12) In a wok or large skillet,heat the peanut oil over high heat.
13)Take off the meat from the marinade .
14) Now add to the pan, retaining the marinade.
15) Stir-fry for a minute.
16) Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
17) Add the leek, broth, and the retained marinade.
18) Reduce to a simmer and further cook until the mixture slightly thickens.
19) Turn off the heat, then stir in the sesame oil.
20) Serve the meat and vegetables over the rice ,scatterred on top with the scallion.