|Mirin/Marsala of same quantity||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mignon fillets/Boneless sirloin steaks||24 Ounce (4 Fillets, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Fresh ginger piece||2|
1) In a resealable plastic bag,mix together the mirin and soy sauce.
2) Now add the steaks and seal the bag and allow to marinate for about 10 minutes.
3) Snap off the edges from the scallions by trimming, cut into 2-inch pieces, then thinly slice lengthwise.
4) Put these pieces in a bowl of cold water and keep aside.
5) Remove the outermost edges and peel the carrot.
6) Put the wider end on a work surface and carefully make several grooves along the length of the carrot and slice crosswise.
7) Now put in another bowl of cold water.
8) Remove the ginger peel, cut into thin shreds and then add to the carrot.
9) In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat.
10) Drain the carrot and ginger and then add to the pan and mix well for half a minute.
11) Now transfer to a plate andallow to keep warm.
12) Add the meat to the pan after removing it from the marinade,also add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
13) Cook the meat on each side for 2 minutes.
14) Ladle in the marinade and further boil for 2 minutes, turning the meat atleast two times.
15) Transfer the steaks to a board, allow to stand for 5 minutes, then slice. Return to plates and ladle the pan juices on top.
16) Drain the scallions and arrange to the meat along with the carrot and ginger and serve at once.