Japanese Noodles with Spinach Ribbons
|Rice stick noodles||2 1⁄2 Ounce (Thin Variety)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried sage||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (Preferably Low-Sodium)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Spinach leaves||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
1. Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water, for about 4 minutes and after draining, set aside.
2. In a nonstick frying pan, combine the stock, sage, soy sauce, and garlic.
3. Bring the mixture to simmer and cook.
4. Add the noodles.
5. Gently move the noodles around with chopsticks or tongs, stirring will cause the noodles to tangle.
6. When the noodles are heated, add the spinach and scallions.
7. Simmer for about 20 seconds, or until the spinach is cooked.
8. Serve warm with a few spinach leaves on the side.
9. Japanese noodles are served in shallow bowls.