|Canned mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced, drained (Reserve Liquid)|
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Canned bamboo shoots||5 Ounce, cut in strips (1 Can)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green onions||5 , sliced|
|Bean sprouts/1 can of 16 ounce bean sprouts, drained||1⁄2 Pound|
|Tofu||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed (1 Slab Of Soy Bean Curd)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut meat into bite-size pieces
2. In a pan combine reserved mushroom liquid with enough water to make 3/4 cup liquid and set aside.
3. Brown the meat pieces in hot shortening in a skillet.
4. Add onion, bamboo shoots, sugar, soy sauce and half the reserved liquid and simmer gently about 5 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms, green onions, bean sprouts, remaining liquid, tofu and monosodium glutamate and cook several minutes.
6. Serve the done Sukiyaki immediately.