Udon Or Soba Noodles With Egg And Vegetable
|Udon noodles/Soba noodles||4 Cup (64 tbs) (4 Servings)|
|Secondary bonito stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green peas||2 Tablespoon|
|Nori seaweed sheets||1 , toasted|
|Secondary bonito stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mirin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cook noodles.
2. Prepare 4 1/2 cups bonito stock.
3. Cook peas. If nori seaweed has not been pretoasted, toast by lightly passing shiny side over an open flame several times. Cut into fine shreds with scissors or wrap in a dry cloth and crumble into small pieces.
4. Combine BROTH ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Slice leeks diagonally into 1-inch (2 1/2 -cm) lengths, add to boiling broth, and cook until tender-crisp.
5. Mix eggs with 1/2 cup cool bonito stock. Beat well, frothing as little as possible. Pour into broth in a fine stream, stirring egg mixture as you add it to broth. Do not stir broth. When last egg threads set, remove immediately from heat.
6. Reheat noodles for serving. Divide cooked noodles among 4 large, deep soup bowls. Add broth mixture. Sprinkle on green peas and nori seaweed. Serve.
Calories 516 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.2 mg71.4%
Sodium 2808.2 mg117%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 23 g46.9%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C 24.7%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet