Japanese Style Salad
|Chicken breast||4 Ounce, boned (Without Skin)|
|Canned crab meat||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Dried wakame seaweed||1⁄3 Ounce (Optional, 10 Gram)|
|Carrot piece||1 (4-Inch Piece)|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|For sesame dressing|
|White sesame seeds||4 Tablespoon|
|Secondary bonito stock||3 Tablespoon|
|White mayonnaise/1/2 tablespoon white miso and 1 teaspoon sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||5 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated garlic seven spice mixture/Ground red pepper||1⁄3 Teaspoon (Shichimi, Optional)|
1. Prepare chicken breasts as directed in Chilled Somen Noodles. Drain crab meat. Remove any shell or cartilage.
2. Soak wakame seaweed for 10 minutes in water. Do not soak too long. Rinse. Pour boiling water over wakame, then drain and squeeze out excess moisture. Trim away any tough portions and discard. Cut wakame into 2-inch (5-cm) lengths. Sprinkle with rice vinegar, and drain again.
3. Peel and seed cucumber. Peel carrot. Cut cucumber and carrot into thin slivers. Cut leek into 1 1/2 -inch (4-cm) lengths, then halve lengthwise and slice thinly. Soak each vegetable separately in cold water until ready to use.
4. SESAME DRESSING: Toast and grind sesame seeds. Add bonito stock and mayonnaise and mix well. Add remaining ingredients (including seven-spice mixture or red pepper to taste, if desired) and mix thoroughly.
5. Place custard cup filled with dressing in the center of a large round platter. Lay lettuce leaves around dressing. Arrange separate mounds of crab, chicken, wakame, leek, carrot, and cucumber on the lettuce.