Shrimp Tempura Batter
|Large shrimp||1 Pound|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Butterfly shrimp, keeping tails on.
2) Combine together ingredients for batter and keep aside for 10 minutes.
3) In cornstarch, dip shrimp first and then in batter.
4) Fry the coated shrimp in 1/2" hot oil.
5) More batter can be sprayed on top of shrimp in oil using fingers.
6) Toss them after a minute and cook them until they turn pink. Ensure not to overcook the shrimp.
7) Serve at once with dipping sauce.