Japanese Beef Teriyaki With Sticky Rice
|For the marinade|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, finley minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced|
|Scallion||1 , finely sliced|
|Light brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper red||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sake/Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Short grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mignon steaks||24 Ounce (For The Steaks, 4 Fillets Of 6 Ounce Each)|
|Short grain white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, put together all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
2. Add in the steaks and rub with the marinade.
3. Let the steaks marinate at room temperature for 1-2 hours or refrigerate overnight; occasionally turn the steaks to coat evenly.
4. In a strainer, rinse rice under cold running water until the clear water comes out of the rice.
5. In a bowl of water, soak rice for 1 hour and drain after 1 hour.
6. Preheat grill or broiler.
7. In a saucepan, place drained rice and add 2 cups of cold water and bring it to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for about 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is sticky and soft.
9. Keep the rice warm.
10. Over the pre heated grill, place the marinated steak and grill for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
11. Slice the grilled steak across the grain and serve with the rice.