In this video, I will show you how to cook Okonomiyaki. Some refer to it as a Japanese pancake, while some call it a Japanese pizza. Whatever you wanna call it, its good eats.
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Medium, shredded
1 Packet (Assorted frozen pack defrosted.)
2 Tablespoon (For frying)
To Taste (Use as per taste)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)
1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped finely (Optional)
1. Take a large mixing bowl with the flour in it. Add the dashi to the flour and add an egg. Whisk it all up similar to whisking dough for a pancake. Then add the cabbage and mix.
2. Take another bowl and add all the sea food into it and thaw it. Then add it to the cabbage batter and combine well. Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
3. Take a pan with some oil and heat it up. Put some of the mix into the pan and spread it to a round shape and fry in medium high heat till the edges start browning. Then flip sides and cook the other side similarly.
4. Once done it can be removed on a plate.
5. After the okonomiyaki is served on a plate, drizzle some okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise over it.
6. Serve by sprinkling other toppings like furikake or nori seaweed as per taste. It can also be served with warm rice.
Exotic Japanese food. This video prepares okonomiyaki with seafood. It is a Japanese form of pancakes with a combination of various seafood like mussels, squids and lobster. Mixed with Asian spices to give an authentic taste, this dish makes a great snack if you are looking for something elegant and delicious to eat. Enjoy.
Okonomiyaki Recipe Video, Japanese Seafood Pancake