In this video, I am going to show you how to cook Nikujaga. It's a Japanese beef stew that's simple and quick to make.
6 Medium, slices
1 Medium, cut into wedges
2 Medium, cut into chunks
1 Medium, cut into chunks
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
500 Gram (Optional)
4 Tablespoon (For frying)
For the broth
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Take 2 cups of water and mix in the dashi granules well. Then add in about 2 tablespoons of sugar. Also add soy sauce, mirin and sake. Mix well.
2. Take a pan and heat oil in it, add the onions and saute for 15 minutes. Once the onions are slightly browned add the beef and the konnyaku and saute nicely.
3. Then add the broth (only half of it) and when it starts to boil add the vegetables and then the rest of the broth. Bring it to a simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes till the potatoes are cooked.
4. When the potatoes are done, turn off the heat and add in the snap peas and close the lid and let it steam for 2 more minutes before you serve it.
5. Serve the nikujaga with some warm rice in a bowl.
A hearty beef and vegetable stew with Asian spice that is quick to prepare and good to eat. This video prepare nikujaga which is a Japanese form of beef stew with yam and vegetables. Loaded with Asian spices, this is a wonderful stew especially suited to winder. This is a great tasting and easy stew using authentic spices and tender meat.