Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry
|Fillet steak||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Root ginger||2 Inch, peeled, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Sweet sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Groundnut oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Spring onion||1 , diagonally sliced (Green Part Only, To Garnish)|
1) Freeze the steak inside the frozen zone for an hour or so, by wrapping with plastic sheet.
2) Slice the steak thinly across the grain. Remove the fat, if any.
3) In a pestle and mortar, crush the ginger and garlic with the peppercorns.
4) In a bowl, add ginger, garlic and peppercorns to whisk with the teriyaki marinade, sherry and sugar.
5) Place the steak slices and mix well. Leave to marinate inside refrigerator for 24 hours, turning the meat occasionally.
6) Place the meat at room temperature for an hour, just before cooking.
7) In a wok or deep frying pan, heat oil until hot over medium heat.
8) Add the steaks by removing from marinade.
9) Place the heat to high and stir-fry for a minute.
10) Pour in the marinade and stir-fry for another minute.
11) In a warm serving dish, serve the preparation by garnishing with spring onion.