|Egg whites/1 whole egg||2|
|Corn oil/Safflower oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1 Pinch|
|Pancake mix||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firm fish fillets/Steaks||1 Pound, cut into 2 inch strips|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a nonstick cookie tin or shallow baking pan, spray the vegetable coating.
3) In a shallow dish, beat the soy sauce, seasonings, oil and egg together and keep aside.
4) In a plate spread the pancake mix and keep aside.
5) Dredge the fillets in the egg mixture, then in the pancake mix, once again in the egg mixture, and lastly coat well with the pancake mix.
6) Place in a single layer over the prepared baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.