Tokyo Fried Chicken
|Chickens||5 Pound, each into 8 serving pieces, wing tips trimmed, rinsed, excess fat removed, and patted dry (Two 2 1/2 Pound Each Pieces)|
|Teriyaki sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basic teriyaki sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Homemade Or Store Bought)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, place the chicken pieces, pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and toss to coat well. Allow to marinate for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
2) Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and drain on paper towels.
3) Lightly dust the chicken pieces with the cornstarch and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
4) In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over a medium heat until heated. Then lower the heat and fry the chicken pieces in batches for 6 to 7 minutes per side, until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
5) Repeat with the rest of the chicken pieces.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.