Teriyaki Grilled Swordfish
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Medium dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Finely grated fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Swordfish steaks/4 pieces, at least 3/4-inch thick||2 Pound|
1. In a small saucepan mix the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, garlic, and ginger.
2. Place the saucepan on moderate heat and bring to a boil.
3. Take a shallow glass or enamel pan and strain the sauce into it.
4. Place the fish steaks in the sauce.
5. Marinate the steaks for 30 minutes, turning them once in a while.
6. Oil a grill.
7. Place the steaks on the well-oiled grill.
8. Cook them for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, brushing often with the marinade.
9. Turn the steaks once midway through the cooking.
10. Serve hot, with the marinade as a dipping sauce if desired.
Calories 746 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180 mg60%
Sodium 7983.7 mg332.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 96 g192.8%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 3% Iron 29.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet