Teriyaki Grilled Swordfish
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Medium dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Finely grated fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Swordfish steaks/4 pieces, at least 3/4-inch thick||2 Pound|
1. In a small saucepan mix the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, garlic, and ginger.
2. Place the saucepan on moderate heat and bring to a boil.
3. Take a shallow glass or enamel pan and strain the sauce into it.
4. Place the fish steaks in the sauce.
5. Marinate the steaks for 30 minutes, turning them once in a while.
6. Oil a grill.
7. Place the steaks on the well-oiled grill.
8. Cook them for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, brushing often with the marinade.
9. Turn the steaks once midway through the cooking.
10. Serve hot, with the marinade as a dipping sauce if desired.