Easy Homemade Sushi Rolls (Philly Roll)
|Sushi rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, peeled, seeded,sliced thickly|
|Cream cheese||2 Tablespoon (salmon flavored)|
|Wasabi sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash and rinse the rice 3- 4 times or till the water runs clear.
2. In a pot, put the rice and add water.
3. Cover and bring it to boil on medium heat for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 more minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes with its lid on.
5. In a sauce pan, add vinegar, sugar and kosher salt and put it on medium heat.
6. Stir till the salt and sugar dissolves, turn off the heat and set aside.
7. In a glass/ lined wooden dish, put the rice. Pour the seasoned vinegar and mix well.
8. Let it absorb the vinegar for a few minutes.
9. In a bowl, mix water and vinegar and set aside.
10. On a bamboo sheet put plastic wrap and place the nori sheet.
11. Spread the rice vinegar mix all over the sheet evenly.
12. On one end place the sliced cucumber and cream cheese slices.
13. Drizzle wasabi sauce on the cucumber and cheese and the soy sauce all over the nori sheet.
14. Hold the bamboo mat on the filling side and roll it tightly.
15. After each roll remove the bamboo mat and plastic wrap.
16. Continue to roll only the nori sheet till the end.
17. Wet the open edge with the water-vinegar mixture and seal the sushi.
18. Using a sharp knife cut the roll into desired size.
19. In a serving plate, serve the sushi roll with desired dip.