1) In a bowl, mix apple juice, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, and pepper.
2) In a well greased slow cooker, strategically place the pork roast.
3) Pour the mixture over the roast and coat well.
4) Close the slow cooker with the lid and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
5) Take the roast away from the broth and keep warm.
6) Take a saucepan and mix cornstarch and cold water to form a smooth liquidy paste. Now, mix with the juices from the roast.
7) Allow it to come to a boil. Stir for 2 minutes, or until it thickens.