Rare Roast Beef With Teriyaki Sauce
|Lean boneless arm roast||3 Pound, trimmed of fat|
|Meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 275°.
2) Rub tenderizer and monosodium glutamate on meat.
3) Puncture with a fork.
4) In a plastic bag put the roast and keep in shallow dish.
5) Mix cider and soy sauce and pour into the bag.
6) Twist tie the bag and cover the meat with marinade.
7) Refrigerate for 8 hours or up to two days.
8) Transfer the content into a small ovenproof baking dish.
9) Insert a meat thermometer and bake uncovered at 275° till thermometer indicates 140° for rare, or 150° to 160° for medium, about 2 hours. Don't overcook.
10) Drain out the liquid from pan into tall glass.
11) Skim out the fat that rises on the surface.
12) Pour the liquid out of saucepan and boil.
13) Mix cornstarch and cold water and stir into the hot liquid.
14) Stir the mixture till thick.
15) In a broiler brown the surface of meat.
16) Slice meat against grain and serve with sauce.