Rump Steak Teriyaki With A Salad Of Radish Pea Shoots And Mustard
|For the steak|
|Aged rump steak||24 Ounce, cut about 1 inch thick (4 Steak Of 175 Grams Or 6 Ounce Each)|
|Japanese soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the salad|
|Red onions||1⁄4 Small, finely sliced, soaked in iced water for 15 minutes|
|Radish||4 1⁄4 Ounce, cut or peeled into thin strips (110 Grams)|
|Red radishes||6 , finely sliced|
|Pea shoots/Watercress||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh peas||4 Tablespoon, blanched|
|For the dressing|
|English mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Rapeseed oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare teriyaki sauce by mixing soy sauce, sake and mirin and keep aside.
2. Take a frying pan, heat oil, add steaks, seasoned with black pepper and salt to it and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning halfway through.
3. Take off from pan and keep aside.
4. Discard pan drippings, add teriyaki sauce, bring to boil and allow to simmer for few minutes so that the mixture thickens and turns shiny.
5. Add steaks to frying pan, using a spoon, pour over sauce and cook for 60 seconds to get a nice glaze.
6. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, toss the salad ingredients. Whisk all the ingredients for dressing using 1 to 2 tbsp of water.
7. Place thickly sliced steak pieces on serving plates beside salad and drizzle mustard dressing. Serve immediately.