|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Salt||To Taste (Or As Desired)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/4 Cup Plus 3/4 Cup)|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Slice fish into serving size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
2) Mix together the ingredients for batter quickly, being careful not to work the batter too hard.
3) Coat fish evenly with flour and then dip into batter, draining the excess batter back into bowl.
4) In a heavy, deep skillet, fill up to one-half with cooking oil.
5) Fry the fish in deep hot fat at 350°F until lightly browned and then drain the excess fat using paper towels.
6) Serve hot at once with cooked rice and tempura sauce.
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150 mg50%
Sodium 333.9 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 44 g88.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 12.7% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet