|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Salt||To Taste (Or As Desired)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/4 Cup Plus 3/4 Cup)|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Slice fish into serving size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
2) Mix together the ingredients for batter quickly, being careful not to work the batter too hard.
3) Coat fish evenly with flour and then dip into batter, draining the excess batter back into bowl.
4) In a heavy, deep skillet, fill up to one-half with cooking oil.
5) Fry the fish in deep hot fat at 350°F until lightly browned and then drain the excess fat using paper towels.
6) Serve hot at once with cooked rice and tempura sauce.