|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, split or cut into serving pieces|
|Sake/Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) Mix together the sake or sherry, soy sauce, oil, garlic and ginger.
2) Pour the mixture all over the chicken and marinade it for 2 hours.
3) Occasionally turn the chicken oven during the marinating period in order to keep the pieces well coated with the marinade.
4) Keep the chicken 5-6 inches from the heat source and broil it, basting frequently with the marinade and turning the chicken after every 5 to 10 minutes to cook evenly.
5) When the chicken is almost done, dip every piece in the marinade and then thoroughly roll in sesame seeds. Broil the pieces once again till they are brown. Keep a close watch on the chicken while it is cooking so that the sesame seeds do not burn.
6) Serve hot.