|Short grain rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (To Make 7 Cups Steamed Rice)|
|Rice vinegar||5 Tablespoon|
|Dried shiitake mushrooms||3 , soaked for 30 minutes and cut into thin strips|
|Lotus root||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Deep fried tofu pouch||1 , rinsed in boiling water to remove excess oil and cut into strips (Abura-Age)|
|Carrot||1 Small, cut into thin strips|
|Burdock||1 Small, scrubbed and soaked in water for 5 minutes, and cut into thin strips (Gobo)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|String beans||20 , boiled and cut into thin strips for garnish|
1) Cook the steamed rice.
2) In a saucepan, add the seasoning ingredients for sushi rice stir and heat the vineger until the sugar has dissolved.
3) Add the seasoning to the hot steamed rice, blend well.
4) In a saucepan with sugar, soy sauce, sake, and water, add the shiitake mushrooms, lotus root, tofu pouch, carrot, and burdock root; simmer over medium heat for 10-12 min or until the liquid disappears.
5) Beat the eggs with the sugar, prepare an omelette and cut into julienne strips; add the omlettle strips to the saucepan with the simmered vegetables alongwith the seasoned rice.
6) Serve in a large shallow bowl garnished with omlettle strips , string beans, and slivers of pickled ginger at room temperature.