Sukiyaki With Tofu & Noodles
|Dashi broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced paper-thin (750 Gram)|
|Green onions/5 japanese naga-negi (long onion) if available, cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths||20|
|Shirataki||200 Gram, boiled for 3 minutes and cut into 3-inch lengths (2 Bundles, Devil'S Tongue Noodles)|
|Firm tofu/Grilled tofu||10 Ounce, cut into large cubes (1 Cake, 300 Gram)|
|Chrysanthemum/Spinach /watercress||10 Ounce, rinsed and cut in half (1 Bunch, Shungiku)|
|Beef suet/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, add the ingredients for the broth, blend well, allow to boil and keep aside.
2) On a large platter, nice arrange the meat, green onions, shirataki, tofu, and chrysanthemum leaves.
3) In each serving bowl, place a lightly whisked egg.
4) Heat a cast-iron pot placed on a portable gas or electric burner( instead use a deep-dish electric hot plate) at the dinner table and coat it well with beef suet.
5) Saute 2-3 slices of meat, some green onions, shirataki, tofu and add 1/3 cooking broth; add some chrysanthemum leaves; pour into the pot.
6) Add more meat, tofu, vegetables, and broth to the pot as the meal continues;
adjust the seasoning of the broth by further adding sugar, soy sauce, dashi or hot water.
6) Serve hot with steamed rice.