Soba Stir Fry
|Uncooked soba noodles||8 Ounce (Japanese Buckwheat Pasta)|
|Light olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced shiitake mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Whole dried red peppers/1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes||2|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Shredded napa cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|1/3 less salt chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low sodium tamari sauce/Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine/Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Firm tofu||14 Ounce, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes (1 Package)|
|Green onions||2 , thinly sliced|
1) Omit salt and prepare noodles as per package directions.
2) Drain, when done and keep aside warm.
3) In a large nonstick skillet or wok, over medium heat, heat oil and sauté mushrooms, bell pepper, dried peppers and garlic for 3 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
4) Stir in cabbage and cook, covered for 2 minutes until cabbage is translucent.
5) In a small bowl, mix chicken broth, tamari, rice wine and cornstarch for the sauce.
6) Mix sauce with vegetable mixture and simmer for 2 minutes until sauce becomes bubbly.
7) Add in tofu and noodles, tossing gently and then cook well.
8) Add green onions to the noodles mixture.
9) Serve at once.