|Flank steak||2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil/Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned water chestnuts||17 Ounce, drained (2 Can)|
|Scallion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wipe steak with damp paper towels. Trim off any excess fat. Cut steak in half lengthwise. Slice across the grain in very thin slices, no more than 1/4 inch thick.
2. In small bowl, mix well rest of ingredients, except water chestnuts and Scallion Flowers, for marinade.
3. Wrap each chestnut in a steak slice; fasten with wooden pick. Dip in marinade.
4. Arrange in shallow glass baking dish. Pour rest of marinade over steak-wrapped chestnuts, coating well. Let stand, covered, in refrigerator about 2 hours. Turn after 1 hour to marinate other side.
5. Place on ungreased rack in broiler pan. Broil four inches from heat, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Do not overcook. Arrange on warm platter; garnish with Scallion Flowers. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.