|Prime sirloin||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Bamboo shoots||8 Ounce|
|Water chestnuts||8 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Angostura aromatic bitters||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot fat||2 Tablespoon|
1) Pour off the liquid from bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
2) Thinly slice the bamboo shoots and chestnuts.
3) Trim the fat off from outer edge of sirloin and reserve the fat.
4) Cut the reserved fat in small dices.
5) Freeze sirloin until hard.
6) Slice the sirloin into 1 1/2-inch paper-thin strips.
7) In a bowl, mix together bamboo shoots, chestnuts, carrots, celery and onions.
8) In another bowl, mix together sugar, soy sauce, broth and bitters.
9) In a non stick pan, heat the fat.
10) Remove crisp pieces and add sirloin to hot fat and stir over high heat until browned.
11) Stir in the carrot mixture and mix well.
12) Stream in the broth mixture.
13) Put the lid and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
14) Serve Sukiyaki hot on a warm serving plate.