|Salmon steaks/Salmon fillets||2 Pound|
|Soy sauce/Tamari||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
1. Take a shallow dish and arrange salmon fillets, cut into 4 to 6 oz, as a single layer.
2. Take a small bowl, add soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sherry, mix well and pour on the salmon layer. Allow to marinate between 30 minutes to 2 hours.
3. Take out the salmon and arrange in a greased grill with flesh side facing down at a distance of 6 inches from medium hot coals. Allow salmon to be barbecued for 2 mins.
4. Turn to flip side and continue barbecuing for 5 to 8 minutes or till salmon turn completely opaque.
5. Serve hot.
1. The barbecuing time may increase or decrease according to the coal temperature and thickness of salmon.
2. Avoid overcooking the salmon.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1500 Calories from Fat 520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.8%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 499 mg166.3%
Sodium 8776.1 mg365.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 189 g377.2%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet