How to Make Japanese Cheesecake ( My Birthday Cake)
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Whole milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Medium, separated|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for water bath)|
|Apricot preserve||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Fresh strawberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced (Optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 inch deep cake pan generously with butter. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, put the cream cheese. Using electric beater, beat till creamy.
4. Add the whole milk and resume beating till soft and well combined.
5. Sift ¼ cup powdered sugar and cornstarch into the milk-cheese mixture.
6. Continue to beat till combined. Add the egg yolk and lemon juice and mix till incorporated and creamy.
7. In another bowl, take the egg whites and beat till frothy.
8. Sift ¼ cup powdered sugar and cream of tartar and continue to beat till well combined and forms peaks. It takes around 10 minutes.
9. Pour the egg white mix into the cheese mixture and fold it in using a spatula till well combined.
10. Pour this batter into the greased cake pan.
11. In a large baking dish pour boiling water. Place the cake pan in it.
12. Put this water bath in the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes or till the cake is done.
13. Open the oven and let the cake sit for few minutes.
14. Take it out of the oven and allow to cool. Remove from the cake pan by inverting it.
15. Spread the apricot preserve generously or decorate with strawberries if desired.
16. In a serving plate, slice the cheesecake and serve it as a dessert.
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.6 mg45.2%
Sodium 162.7 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.31%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet