Roll Your Own Sushi
|Rice grain||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||5 Tablespoon|
|Dried shiitake mushrooms||6 , soaked in water for 30 minutes and cut into julienne strips|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tuna sashimi||4 Ounce, sliced 1/4 by 2 inch (100 Gram)|
|Sea bream sashimi||4 Ounce, sliced 1/4 by 2 inch (100 Gram)|
|Sole sashimi||4 Ounce, sliced 1/4 by 2 inch (100 Gram)|
|Squid sashimi||4 Ounce, sliced 1/4 by 2 inch (100 Gram)|
|Salmon sashimi||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Gram)|
|Salmon roe/Smoked salmon||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Avocado||1 , sliced|
|Ham||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Cucumber||1 , cut into strips|
|Seaweed sheets||10 , quartered|
|Wasabi paste||1 Tablespoon (Japanese Horseradish)|
1) Cook the short-grain rice.
2) In a saucepan, add the seasoning ingredients for sushi rice stir and heat the vineger until the sugar has dissolved.
3) Add the seasoning to the hot steamed rice, blend well and place in a nice bowl.
4) In a saucepan with the sugar, soy sauce, and mirin add the sliced mushrooms and simmer until all the liquid disappears.
5) Arrange the assorted fillings on a large serving platter, decoratively and place on the dining table, along with the bowl of rice, nori seaweed sheets, soy sauce, and wasabi paste.
6) Diner has to make a sushi roll for self by taking a sheet of nori seaweed and spreading a small amount of rice in the center.
Calories 735 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.6%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 426.1 mg142%
Sodium 1149.3 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 52 g103.7%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 26% Iron 58.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet