Japanese Style Chargrilled Flounder
|Plaice||4 Small (Flounders)|
|Soy sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Sake/Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Light muscovado sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Carrot||1 Small (For Garnish)|
|Spring onions||4 (For Garnish, Scallion)|
1. Rinse the fish and pat them dry on absorbent kitchen paper. Cut a few slashes into both sides of each fish.
2. Mix together the soy sauce, sake or wine, oil, lemon juice, sugar, ginger and garlic in a large, shallow dish.
3. Place the fish in the marinade and turn so that they are coated on both sides. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-6 hours.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the garnish. Cut the carrot into evenly-sized thin sticks and clean and shred the spring onions (scallions).
5. Barbecue (grill) the fish over hot coals for about 10 minutes, turning the fish once.
6. Scatter the spring onions (scallions) and carrot over the fish and transfer the fish to a serving dish. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3785 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g194.4%
Saturated Fat 52.3 g261.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 240 mg80%
Sodium 6319.4 mg263.3%
Total Carbohydrates 507 g169.1%
Dietary Fiber 51.9 g207.8%
Sugars 191.8 g
Protein 164 g327.7%
Vitamin A 287.1% Vitamin C 50.2%
Calcium 356.9% Iron 136.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet