Japanese Style Chargrilled Flounder
|Plaice||4 Small (Flounders)|
|Soy sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Sake/Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Light muscovado sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Carrot||1 Small (For Garnish)|
|Spring onions||4 (For Garnish, Scallion)|
1. Rinse the fish and pat them dry on absorbent kitchen paper. Cut a few slashes into both sides of each fish.
2. Mix together the soy sauce, sake or wine, oil, lemon juice, sugar, ginger and garlic in a large, shallow dish.
3. Place the fish in the marinade and turn so that they are coated on both sides. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-6 hours.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the garnish. Cut the carrot into evenly-sized thin sticks and clean and shred the spring onions (scallions).
5. Barbecue (grill) the fish over hot coals for about 10 minutes, turning the fish once.
6. Scatter the spring onions (scallions) and carrot over the fish and transfer the fish to a serving dish. Serve immediately.