|Dried shiitake mushrooms||10 , stems removed|
|Well marbled beef sirloin||1 Pound, sliced paper-thin|
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Pound, well washed, stems removed|
|Grilled tofu pieces||2 , halved, then cut into bite-sized pieces (Or Yakidoju)|
|Shirataki noodles||8 Ounce, blanched and cut in half|
|Green onions||10 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Beef suet/Vegetable oil||30 Gram (Use A Small Piece)|
|For seasoning liquid|
|Chicken stock/Dashi||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mirin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For ponzu sauce|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Add shiitake mushrooms to hot water and allow to soak for 20 minutes.
2. Take a large platter and arrange spinach, beef slices, green onions, tofu, noodles, mushrooms and suet.
3. Take three small bowls, one each for mirin, soy sauce, stock or dashi and a bowl of sugar.
4. Break eggs into the bowls, one each into each bowl. Add ponzu sauce, if using, in equal amounts into 4 different bowls.
5. Place skillet or sukiyaki nabe on medium heat and heat it. Add the beef suet and heat till it melts partially and suet surface has an even coating o f vegetable oil. Push to the pan side.
6. Take 1 tbsp sugar and sprinkle onto the pan bottom. Using chopsticks, stir till sugar caramelizes.
7. Add ¼ cup each of stock or dashi, mirin and soy sauce, allow to sizzle and splutter and then stir. Mix in few beef slices and a little of rest if the ingredients.
8. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till done. Keep tuning the ingredients through the entire process.
9. Serve immediately.
1. The dish is self served. Each person can add egg to the dish just before eating.
2. Keep the pan replenished with vegetables, sugar and meat and equal amounts of stock, miring and saoy sauce as necessary.
Calories 677 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.3 mg72.4%
Sodium 2083.2 mg86.8%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.8%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 38 g75.6%
Vitamin A 108.3% Vitamin C 62.4%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet