Japanese Vegetable Salad With Toasted Sesame Seed Dressing
|Mixed salad greens||2 Cup (32 tbs), prepared|
|Finely shredded red cabbage/Sliced red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Julienned cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, seeded|
|Shredded radishes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely shredded carrot/Raw broccoli stalks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cooked shrimp/Minced cooked scallops / delicate white fish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or Minced)|
|Peanut oil/Other salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar/2 tablespoons cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mirin/Cream sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large salad serving bowl, combine all the prepared and cut salads, vegetables, and, seafood if using.
2. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate until serving time or prepare the vegetables as close to the serving time to keep them fresh and crisp.
3. To prepare the dressing, take a small heavy bottomed skillet and heat the oil in it.
4. Add sesame seeds and roast them for 1 minute until golden and toasted.
5. Take the pan off heat and sauté the seeds for 1 minute to cool them.
6. Tip in the remaining dressing ingredients and stir well to combine.
7. Drizzle the dressing over the salad mixture just before serving.
8. Toss the salad well using salad prongs.