Sonia's Teriyaki Steak
|Boneless beef chuck||2 Pound (About 1 1/2 Inches Thick)|
|Grated fresh ginger/1/2 teaspoon ground ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
1. Freeze steak after discarding membranes and fat for 20 minutes to slice easily.
2. Prepare a mixture of ginger, sugar, soy sauce, 1 tbsp oil, garlic and sherry and keep aside.
3. Take out the frozen steak and using a knife slice the steak diagonally across the grain to make 1/8 inch pieces. Add to marinade, mix well and refrigerate, loosely covered, overnight.
4. Take out from the refrigerator, drain and keep aside the marinade.
5. Take a large wok or skillet and heat 2 tbsp oil. Stir in the meat and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes or till pink color of the meat disappears.
6. Boil the marinade kept aside and pour on meat.
7. Top plain boiled rice with Sonia and serve immediately.