Sonia's Teriyaki Steak
|Boneless beef chuck||2 Pound (About 1 1/2 Inches Thick)|
|Grated fresh ginger/1/2 teaspoon ground ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
1. Freeze steak after discarding membranes and fat for 20 minutes to slice easily.
2. Prepare a mixture of ginger, sugar, soy sauce, 1 tbsp oil, garlic and sherry and keep aside.
3. Take out the frozen steak and using a knife slice the steak diagonally across the grain to make 1/8 inch pieces. Add to marinade, mix well and refrigerate, loosely covered, overnight.
4. Take out from the refrigerator, drain and keep aside the marinade.
5. Take a large wok or skillet and heat 2 tbsp oil. Stir in the meat and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes or till pink color of the meat disappears.
6. Boil the marinade kept aside and pour on meat.
7. Top plain boiled rice with Sonia and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2838 Calories from Fat 2003
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 223 g343.5%
Saturated Fat 76 g379.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 598.7 mg199.6%
Sodium 4356.6 mg181.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.7%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 179 g358.2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 92.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet