Microwave Chicken Teriyaki Meal
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Broiler fryer||3 Pound, skinned|
|Water chestnuts||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Mix together honey, wine and soy sauce.
2) Set the microwave at HIGH.
3) In a heavy-duty plastic bag, keep the chicken and pour the soy sauce mixture in it.
4) Securely tie the bag.
5) In a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish, place the bag.
6) Allow the chicken to marinate in the sauce mixture at room temperature for an hour.
7) Into the baking dish, drain the marinade.
8) In a baking dish, keep the chicken pieces with the meatier portions towards the outer side of the dish.
9) Sprinkle water chestnuts on the chicken pieces.
10) Cover the chicken with waxed paper.
11) Microwave the chicken for 7 to 12 minutes.
12) Turn the chicken pieces and rearrange the uncooked pieces towards the outer portion of the dish.
13) Cover them again and microwave the chicken for 8 to 13 minutes or until cooked completely.
14) Bring out the chicken and reserve the broth.
15) Set the chicken aside at warm temperature.
16) Stir mix cornstarch in water measuring to a 4-cup glass.
17) Stir the mixture gradually and set aside the liquid.
18) Microwave the mixture for 2 minutes and stir it well.
19) Microwave it again for 1 to 2 minutes or until it bubbles and thickens and stir the mixture once.
20) Serve the chicken arranged over rice with a topping of sauce.