The Aubergine Chef demonstrates how to make a toasted almond japonaise layer for a cake filling
6 Ounce, ground into pieces
Cream of tartar
Combine the granulated sugar and the cream of tartar together.
2. Combine the confectioners’ sugar and the almonds together.
3. Place the egg whites in a clean, fat-free bowl (cleaned with vinegar) and begin to whip.
4. Whip into a meringue and slowly add the sugar in a steady stream after the egg whites have gotten
frothy. Whip until stiff peaks.
5. After the egg whites are whipped to stiff peaks, fold in the almonds and confectioners’ sugar.
6. Bake at 200 degrees until the japonaise turns very light tan on the bottom. Then leave in the oven on
low, or only pilot light, until ready to use (or overnight if necessary). Be sure to let cool
completely before using.
This video is a creation of the-aubergine-chef. You can visit theauberginechef for complete recipes, and more videos.