Japanese Vegetable Pancakes
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Spring onions||4 , cut into 3 cm lengths (Keep Some To Decorate)|
|Sweet potato||1 , peeled and shredded|
|For dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili||1 , cut into thin slices (Keep Some To Decorate)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, egg yolks and milk.
2. Use a wire whisk to beat into a smooth batter.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. In a small grease free bowl, whisk the whites to soft peaks.
5. Fold into the batter.
6. Lightly stir in the onions, sprouts and potatoes.
7. Place a non-stick pan on a medium flame and lightly grease it with oil.
8. When pan is hot, drop tablespoonfuls of the batter and brown for 4 to 5 minutes.
9. Flip pancakes over and brown on the other side.
10. Using a spatula, remove on to a platter, keep warm
11. Make the remaining pancakes.
12. Garnish the pancakes with chili and spring onions.
13. In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients and serve sauce with the pancakes.