Grilled Salmon Teriyaki with Cucumber Salad
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mirin/Dry sherry||5 Tablespoon|
|Root ginger piece||1 , finely grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Frozen boneless skinless salmon fillet||4|
|Frozen boneless skinless salmon fillets||4|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1)Pre-heat the grill to high.
2) In a wide bowl, add the soy, mirin, sugar, ginger and garlic . Stir till the sugar has dissolved completely. Now, place the salmon fillets in the soy mix and coat them thoroughly.
3) In a small saucepan, pour in the remaining marinade and bring it to a simmer. Simmer till it turns sticky.
4.) Brush a firm baking tray with oil and then place it about 4 inches away from the heat
5) Grill the fillets for 20 minutes. Keep brushing them every few minutes with the simmering marinade until they become cooked and glazed. If the fillets are too thick, you might have to flip them over to their other sides to cook thoroughly.
6) As you grill the fillets, make the cucumber salad. Make cucumber slices using a swivel blade peeler.
7) Mixing the vinegar with the soy sauce, sugar and sesame seeds and makethe dressing. Add in the cucumber and toss.
8) Pour the hot marinade over the cooked salmon fillets..
9) In four plates, serve with the grilled salmon fillets in soy marinade with boiled rice.