Aspen's Famous Sushi
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground flax seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||10 , sliced|
|Nori seaweed sheet||5|
|Chocolate sauce||10 Milliliter (for dipping)|
|Tamari sauce||10 Milliliter (for dipping)|
|Agave nectar||10 Milliliter (for dipping)|
1. Grind up the flax seeds in a grinder and set aside.
2. Shred the carrots and zucchini. Set aside.
3. Slice the strawberries and set aside.
4. In a pan, add the quinoa, 2 cups of water and salt and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Let it cool.
5. When the quinoa is cooled enough to handle, squish in the banana with your hands or with a spoon. Add the vegetables and flax seed.
6. Place a nori sheet, shiny side down, on a bamboo sushi mat. Dip you hands in a bowl of water and then take a large handful of the quinoa mixture. Gently pat it on to the nori sheet, spreading it evenly. Leave about 1/2 inch of nori quinoa-free.
7. Top with strawberries and roll - gently but firmly - using the bamboo mat to form the roll. Wet the end of the nori so that it will stick together.
8. Slice with a very sharp knife - this will ensure that the roll will keep its shape and keep the ingredients from squishing out.
9. Serve with chocolate, agave or tamari sauce.
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.39 mg0.13%
Sodium 227.9 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 135.6% Vitamin C 52.5%
Calcium 6% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet