1. On a chopping board, place the sushi rolling mat and place the nori sheet over the mat, facing shiner side of nori sheet down and the edge of the nori sheet needs to be lined up on the edge of the mat.
2. Spoon the parsnip rice on the edge of the nori sheet and with the clean hands tap the rice flat spreading the rice form edges to half of nori.
3. Place the avocado slices over the rice, sticking out till the end.
4. Place the preserved lemons over the avocado slices, sticking out till the end.
5. Arrange the spring onions over the avocado.
6. Put the shitake mushroom, sticking out till the end.
7. Top the rocket leaves over the mushrooms, and then place the alpha alpha sprouts.
8. Using you thumb, lift the rolling mat, lightly press the ingredients with your fingers, roll the mat, lift the edge of the mat gently push the mat to roll the nori.
9. Wet tip of your finger and wet the open tip of nori sheet and roll completely.
10. Using a sharp knife, cut the sushi in sawing method.
11. Place the sushi on serving platter and serve.
This recipe video is in 3 parts this is Raw Sushi - Part 1: Introduction, watch part 2 and 3 for complete recipe. If you want to recreate the restaurant-style raw sushi at your home for a bunch of special guests, you should have some practice before. Preparing sushi requires some knowledge and skill from the authentic Japanese cuisine. Learn all about sushi making from the reputed chef Russel James in this introductory part of the sushi making video.