My wife and I arque over this one. she like a bit sweet (broiled), and I likes it less sweet, cooked in a frying pan (stir fried). So I'm going to give her what she want. (I have to! or otherwise she will make me sleep on the sofa tonight!)
1 Tablespoon, mince
1 Clove (5 gm), mince
1 1⁄2 Pound
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Sake wine/Rice cooking wine
1. Mince the ginger and garlic, set aside.
2. In a large container place the chicken and marinate the chicken with singer, garlic, soy sauce, sugar and sake, marinate well and let the chicken rest in the marinade for 2-4 hours.
3. Prepare a baking tray with foil.
4. Preheat the oven to 400-425 degree, just before the 4 hours complete.
5. Place the chicken on the baking tray, reserve the marinade.
6. Broil the chicken for 30-40 minutes on each side.
7. Once done apply the reserved marinade on the chicken and broil if for additional 5 minutes.
8. Once done remove and let it rest before serving.
9. Serve the teriyaki chicken broiled with rice or noodles.