Tuna and Prawn Sushi
|Wasabi powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked prawns||12 Large, shelled and deveined, tails left intact|
|Fresh tuna||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Nori sheet||1 , cut into strips|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For sushi rice|
|Short grain rice||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Water||1 Pint (2 1/2 Cups, 600 Milliliter)|
|Sweet sake/Sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
1. To make sushi rice, wash rice several times in cold water and set aside to drain for 30 minutes. Place rice and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil, cover and cook, without stirring, over a low heat for 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Place sake or sherry, vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool. Turn rice out into a large shallow dish, pour over vinegar mixture and toss gently until rice has cooled to room temperature. Take a tablespoon of rice in your hand and gently squeeze it to form a neat oval. Place on a serving platter and repeat with remaining rice to make 24 ovals.
3. Mix wasabi powder with a few drops of water to make a smooth paste and dab a little on each rice oval.
4. Split prawns on the underside, taking care not to cut all the way through, and flatten them out. Top twelve rice ovals with prawns.
5. Cut tuna into twelve 2x4 cm/ 3/4 x 1 1/2 in strips each 5 mm / 1/4 in thick. Top remaining rice ovals with tuna strips. Wrap a strip of nori, if using, around each sushi. Serve with soy sauce for dipping.
Calories 547 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 466.8 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 1% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet