1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As needed to dredge the chicken fillets)
Chicken thigh fillet
For frying the chicken fillet
Rest of the ingredients for the chicken teriyaki
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (If too salty use 1 1/2 Cup)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/4 - 1/2 Tsp used)
1. Wash and clean the chicken thigh fillets. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
2. Dredge the fillets in plain flour and coat them well on all sides. Shake off the excess flour and set aside.
3. Heat a pan with oil. Place the flour coated chicken thigh fillets into the heated oil. Fry them for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side over medium heat until browned.
4. Once done, remove onto a chopping board and slice the browned fillets into bite sized pieces.
5. Drain away the excess oil form the pan.
6. Put the sliced chicken pieces back into the heated pan.
7. Add soy sauce, water and sugar.
8. Add pepper. Toss around a little and let simmer over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the chicken pieces are cooked and the soy sauce reduces to a gravy.
9. Flip the chicken pieces occasionally.
10. Once the consistency of the sauce reduces to a gravy as shown in the video, the chicken teriyaki is ready to be served.
11. Serve with rice, over freshly cut lettuce leaves, tomatoes. Drizzle the gravy over the chicken.
A sauce based chicken dish compliments a rice or pasta well. If your going to don the Japanese apron then this recipe show in the video is to be tried Easy, simple with step by step video footage! See the video for more!