Green Tea Mochi
|Glutinous rice flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Matcha powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potato starch powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a microwave bowl, mix in sugar and rice flour.
2. Pour in water and stir until everything is fully dissolved. The batter should look be smooth.
3. Place the bowl into a microwave and warm it for two minutes on high.
4. The dough should form to a sticky goey consistency, stir well.
5. On a dusting board or plate, sprinkle starch and matcha green tea together.
6. Blend the dusting mixture well until you get a pale green color, you may add more matcha for a greener effect.
7. Dust your hands and grab a small piece of the mochi dough.
8. Place the dough on the dusting mixture and knead the dough into it.
9. Roll the dough into a smooth ball and dust them again with the dusting mixture.
10. Repeat the same steps for the remaining dough.
11. Serve the Green Tea Mochi immediately.
Mochi can be stored in an air tight plastic bag at room temperature.