|Japanese sushi rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tofu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (minced or sliced)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Wasabi sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Once cooked completely, fluff it with fork on a plate. All it to cool completely.
2. Once cooled, add the rice vinegar and mix well. Let it sit for 5 minutes to let the flavors combine.
3. Open up the sushi mat completely away from you.
4. Line the longest edge of the nori sheet with the side of the mat closest to you.
5. Place approximately a handful of the cooked rice at the center of the nori sheet.
6. Wet you hands and press the rice evenly to coat the nori sheet with a 1 cm thick layer of rice.
7. Spread a very small amount of wasabi sauce in the middle of the rice layer horizontally.
8. Line the fillings (avocado, cucumber, pineapple and/or tofu) on the side closest to you. You can stick to one filling or do different combinations.
9. Hold the fillings with your fingers and lift up the layer and start rolling the nori sheet along with the mat.
10. Keep pressing under the layer such that the roll is a perfect cylinder. Avoid pressing on the top.
11. Once the roll is completely pressed and cylindrical, cut it into ¾ inch thick rolls such that they are bite sized.
12. Serve 4-5 different rolls in a serving on individual plates. Enjoy with wasabi and soy sauce on the side.
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 37.3 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 11 g22.3%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet