|Shrimps||1 Cup (16 tbs), cleaned|
|Cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mung bean sprouts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Combine cornstarch, flour, egg, water, salt, and ground black pepper then stir until diluted.
2. Add the shrimps and mung bean sprouts in the mixture and lightly stir to distribute.
3. Heat a frying pan or small cooking pot and pour-in the cooking oil.
4. When the oil is hot enough, scoop about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture and quickly (but cautiously) drop it in hot oil.
5. Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until the color turns golden brown. Please note that cooking time may vary. Repeat this step until the entire mixture is consumed.
6. Remove the deep-fried ukoy from the pan and place in a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the oil.
7. Remove the paper towel and serve with sinamak.
8. Share and enjoy!Please see video
Calories 1355 Calories from Fat 1136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g197.7%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.6 mg33.9%
Sodium 313.4 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet