Learn How To Make Spicy Teriyaki Mini - Burgers In 7 Steps
|Patties||4 Medium (Ground turkey meat or fish/Garden vege-burger patties may be used)|
|For the sauce mix|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For sauteing the onions)|
|White onions||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Hot sauce/Tabasco sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Stir fry sauce||1 Tablespoon (Vegetarian stir fry sauce - shiitake mushroom flavored)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Teriyaki sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (As needed)|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Green chilies||3 Medium, sliced lengthwise|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|White onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed|
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Snap peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the stir fry|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (As needed to stir fry the burger bites and the vegetables)|
1. Cut the burger patties into big bite size pieces of any shape you prefer. Set the burger bites aside.
2. Wash and chop all the vegetables for the stir fry and set aside.
To prepare the sauce mix:
3. Heat a pan with a little oil, saute the finely chopped onions. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine 1 tbsp each of hot sauce, vegetable stir fry sauce, soy sauce and the traditional teriyaki sauce.
To prepare the marinade for the mini-burger bites:
5. Add the dehydrated onions and some red pepper flakes into the prepared sauce mix.
6. Add the mini-burger bites to the marinade to coat them well. Set this aside.
To prepare the stir fry:
7. In a pan, heat some oil and stir fry the burger bites marinated in the sauce mix.
8. Once done, remove from the pan and set aside.
9. In the same pan, heat some oil, add the finely chopped fresh ginger, green chilies and garlic. Saute until the garlic changes color.
10. Add the white onions, red bell pepper, green onions and the snap peas. Stir fry them till done.
11. Add the fried bites to the vegetables, cook for a minute.
12. Serve with avocado salad, toasted bread or rice.
You may also serve this dish with corn tortillas, pita pockets or even sesame buns.