Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches
|Chicken breast||1 Large, skinned and boned|
|Green pepper||To Taste, cut into 1/4 inch-wide strips|
|Sliced onion/2 tablespoons chopped green onion||1 Small|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Teriyaki sauce||2 Tablespoon (Bottled)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Kaiser rolls/4-inch round hard rolls||2|
1. Cut chicken breast in half. With knife held parallel to work surface, slice each piece horizontally in half. In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons hot salad oil, cook chicken pieces until lightly browned on both sides and fork-tender, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken to plate.
2. In drippings remaining in skillet, over medium heat, cook green pepper and onion until tender, adding 1 tablespoon more salad oil, if necessary.
3. Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. Return chicken to skillet. In cup, mix water, teriyaki sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper. Stir cornstarch mixture into chicken mixture in skillet; heat to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Slice each kaiser roll horizontally in half. Place rolls, cut side up, on cookie sheet; broil 2 minutes or until bread is lightly browned.
5. To serve, place 2 chicken pieces on bottom half of each roll, overlapping to fit if necessary; top with green-pepper mixture; replace top of roll.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.1 mg28%
Sodium 757.5 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 46 g92.3%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 19.4%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet